Tours of the Minneapolis Fed
Public Friday Tours
Every Friday at 2:00 p.m. during the months of September and October, the Minneapolis Fed offers free 75-minute guided walking tours to individuals, families, and small groups of less than five people (for larger groups, please schedule a private group tour below). Tour content is intended for audiences aged 12 and older. Registration of all participants is required at least 24 hours in advance. Same day walk-ins will not be admitted. A valid picture I.D. is required for all adult participants to enter the Reserve Bank.
Group Tours by Reservation
Free guided tours are available for groups by reservation. If you are interested in taking a tour of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, please note the following:
- Tours are available for groups of students grades seven and higher; teachers; businesses; professional associations; and community organizations.
- Group size is a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 50. Student groups must include one adult chaperone for every 12 students.
- Tours are available weekdays, excluding Bank holidays, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve.
- Tours are scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Tours are a 75-minute walking tour.
- Tours are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the popularity of our tour program, we prefer reservations at least one month in advance.
- Tours are free of charge.
- Everyone entering the building must be prepared to present a valid picture ID (e.g., driver’s license, passport, student ID).
- Photography is not permitted inside the Reserve Bank.
- All personal items will be subject to x-ray screening, and visitors will pass through a metal detector.
- On-site parking is not available.
- Food and beverages are not permitted on tours.
- A list of tour participants (first and last name) must be submitted at least one week prior to your visit.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org