- 6.1 billion ACH (Automated Clearing House) payments worth approximately
$15.9 trillion. ACH is a nationwide system, built and operated by Minneapolis
staff, that provides the electronic exchange
- 1.0 billion checks worth approximately $853 billion. The Minneapolis
office is one of the largest check processing centers in the Federal
- $10.6 billion of excess currency received from financial institutions,
destroyed $1.4 billion of unfit currency and shipped $11.5 billion of
fit and new currency.
- 1.3 million savings bond purchase requests and 156,725 savings bonds
servicing transactions, and answered 285,978 savings bonds customer
service calls, as one of five savings bonds processing centers in the
Federal Reserve System.
- Forms, tenders, account maintenance and other customer transactions
for 524,000 active TreasuryDirect accounts for individuals holding
Treasury securities totaling $67.5 billion, as one of three TreasuryDirect
processing sites nationwide.
- Transaction items worth more than $250 billion through FR-ETA (Electronic
Tax Application), a same-day payment mechanism, hosted by the Minneapolis
Fed, for businesses paying federal taxes via their financial institutions.