In 2012, the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis processed:
- 12.3 billion ACH (Automated Clearing House) payments worth approximately $24 trillion. FedACH is a nationwide system, developed and operated by Minneapolis staff on behalf of the entire Federal Reserve System, which provides the electronic exchange of debits and credits.
- $10.8 billion of currency deposits from financial institutions, destroyed $2.8 billion of worn and torn currency and shipped $12.6 billion of currency to financial institutions.
- 178,000 transactions for the 56 million investors who hold $177 billion in U.S. Savings Bonds and answered 577,000 calls and written inquiries from investors as the Treasury Retail Securities site for the Federal Reserve System.
- 250,000 customer support calls handled and 26,000 credentials issued for Federal Reserve payment and information services as one of two national Customer Contact Centers.
- 312,500 calls answered and 324,600 tickets created by the National Service Desk; Minneapolis is one of two sites that provide front line IT support for the Federal Reserve System.