Foreclosure Resource Center
- Find a HUD Counselor
- Loan Modification Scam Alert
- Consumer Mortgage Information
- 5 Tips for Avoiding Foreclosure Scams
Policy and Regulation
- Board approves final rules revising disclosure requirements for mortgage loans under Regulation Z
- Board Publishes 5 Tips for Dealing with a Home Equity Line Freeze or Reduction
- Annual adjustment of fee-based trigger for additional mortgage loan disclosures
- Federal Reserve to implement consumer compliance supervision program of nonbank subsidiaries of bank holding companies and foreign organizations
- Federal Reserve adopts policy statement supporting prudent commercial real estate (CRE) loan workouts
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act of 2003
- NeighborWorks America - foreclosure prevention information
- Hope Now - foreclosure prevention information
Research and Publications
State and Regional Mortgage Performance Profiles for the Ninth Federal Reserve District. A set of state- and District-level profiles of mortgage delinquency rates. Each profile contains a brief summary of mortgage conditions for the respective state/region, a mortgage performance trend graph, a mortgage delinquency data table, and maps that show the geographic breakdown of delinquency rates.
Credit risk data may help target foreclosure mitigation,
What local areas are being especially hard hit by foreclosure?
fedgazette, September 2007.
Fed-led research reveals need for better Twin Cities foreclosure data, Findings and recommendations from an analysis of foreclosure data for the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Community Dividend, Issue 4, 2006.
- Addressing the Impact of the Foreclosure Crisis. Federal Reserve Mortgage Outreach and Research Efforts (MORE)
Foreclosure Mitigation Toolkit for Communities
Resources for community leaders to assess their foreclosure situation, reduce preventable foreclosures, provide support to troubled homeowners and stabilize neighborhoods.