April 2011—April 2011 Issue
Making financial education work in the workplace: The Citigroup experience
When financial services giant Citigroup implemented workplace-based financial education workshops, it learned lessons that may help other employers deliver effective financial education programs of their own.
On the front lines of the housing crisis: A conversation with Julie Gugin of the Minnesota Home Ownership Center
Community Dividend speaks with Julie Gugin, executive director of the Minnesota Home Ownership Center, to learn how foreclosure counselors are responding to unprecedented challenges in the housing market.
Hispanic entrepreneurship grows, but barriers persist
Despite recent progress, Hispanic-owned firms lag behind in some respects. Fortunately, federal and nonprofit agencies offer programs designed to help close the gap.
News and Notes
- Census Bureau revamps American FactFinder
- Fuhrman joins Consumer Advisory Council
- Fed releases two new consumer credit guides
- HUD awards $73 million to housing counseling organizations
- Site provides state-by-state assessments of financial capability
- FLEC releases national financial literacy strategy