In 2009, the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis processed:
- 11.4 billion ACH (Automated Clearing House) payments worth approximately $19.8 trillion. FedACH is a nationwide system, developed and operated by Minneapolis staff on behalf of the entire Federal Reserve System, which provides the electronic exchange of debits and credits.
- $441 million of electronic check transactions.
- $10.5 billion of currency deposits from financial institutions, destroyed $999 million of worn and torn currency, and shipped $11.8 billion of currency to financial institutions.
- Tenders, account maintenance, forms, and other customer transactions for 265,000 active Legacy Treasury Direct accounts for individuals holding Treasury securities totaling $50 billion, and 3.1 million savings bond purchase requests worth $1.4 billion, as one of two Treasury Retail Securities sites in the Federal Reserve System.
- 204,700 transaction items valued at $452 billion through FR-ETA (Federal Reserve-Electronic Tax Application), a same-day payment mechanism, hosted by the Minneapolis Fed, for businesses paying federal taxes via their financial institutions.