Free Public Tours Resume on Monday, June 6, 2022
Accompany a bank employee on a free 75 -minute walking tour to learn how the Minneapolis Fed works for you. Observe how U.S. currency makes its way to your local bank. Understand how the Fed influences interest rates.
The health and safety of our employees and guests continues to be our top priority. The policies outlined below will remain in effect until further notice.
General Tour Information
- Tours are free of charge.
- Tours are available Monday through Friday at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Tours are a 75-minute walking tour. Tour participants stand throughout the tour.
- Tours are limited to 12 people.
- Tour content is intended for audiences ages 16 and older.
- Advance registration of all participants is required. Same day walk-ins will not be admitted.
- Tours start promptly at the designated time. Late arrivals will not be admitted.
- Personal items will be subject to x-ray screening, and visitors will pass through a metal detector. Weapons of any kind, including pocket utility knives and self-defense pepper spray, are not permitted in the building.
- Tour guides are up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations.
Visitors must be at least 5 years old and up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations prior to visiting the Bank. A visitor is considered up to date upon meeting the following requirements:
- Visitors ages 5 to 11 are up to date 14 days after receiving their last dose of the primary series of a COVID-19 vaccine currently authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Visitors ages 12 and older are up to date after receiving their complete primary series of a COVID-19 vaccination plus a booster shot currently authorized by the FDA as eligible per the schedule provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Visitors have a one-month grace period from the date of booster eligibility before a booster shot is required to be compliant with the Bank’s visitor vaccination requirement.
Pfizer-BioNTech: Five months after completing your primary COVID-19 vaccination series
- Moderna: Five months after completing your primary COVID-19 vaccination series
- Johnson & Johnson: Two months after receiving your Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccination
All visitors must show proof of being up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. Acceptable forms of documentation include:
- A vaccination card
- An image of a vaccination card stored on a phone or other electronic device
- A Minnesota state endorsed application, such as Docket
Proof must include the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccine, and date of the last dose administered. Self-reported vaccination records or vaccination systems that rely on QR codes are not acceptable.
A matching, government issued photo ID is required. Visitors under age 18 may provide a school photo ID.
Visitors have the option to wear a mask provided by the Minneapolis Fed while on a tour. Personal masks will not be permitted.
If you or anyone in your group has experienced any of the following COVID-19 symptoms within two days prior to your scheduled tour, do not come to the Bank.
- Cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
- Chills or muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste and smell
- Other less common symptoms, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
If you or anyone in your group has had close contact with, has, or is being evaluated for COVID-19 prior to your scheduled tour, do not come to the Bank.
If you and your group are no longer able to participate in the tour, please email email@example.com to cancel your reservation.